Rotary Club of Harrisburg welcomes new President Una Martone
After articulating several goals for the year ahead, Martone closed with this. “The final broad goal that I would like to share with you today, to maximize our club’s impact on the community, is to increase our involvement in district and international activities. All Rotarians and all Rotary Clubs will only become stronger by learning from eachother; sharing best practices; and cooperating on shared goals. We are not an island here in Harrisburg; we need the district’s support in training, marketing, and education. I am asking each of you here today to consider becoming involved with district and international activities when they are presented to you. Consider attending International Conventions, District Conferences, District Assemblies, District Committees, and other events. The district offers a BEST CLUB AWARD each year and we are not on that list. It is my goal to make that list this upcoming year and participating in the district is key.”
Photos. Above: Installation of 2012/13 Board of Directors Top: Assistant District Governor, David Ritter; District Governor Elect, Hector Ortiz; RCH President, Una Martone; Past District Governor Janice Black and Past President, Bob Saline.
Calendar of Events
- NO MEETING
May 27 (12:00 - noon)
- Rotary Board Meetng
June 03 (10:30 am)
- Anne Stewart, Andrew W. Mellon Teaching Fellow in the department of Religious Studies at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, GA
June 03 (12:00 - noon)
(Weekly Meetings)TITLE: "THE SOURCES OF WISDOM: What is it, Where Did it Come From,What Does it Mean for You?"
- Hanson Lunch at Rotary Office
June 07 (12:00 - noon)
- Alan Hineline, CEO and Resident Choreographer, Central PA Youth Ballet
June 10 (12:00 - noon)
(Weekly Meetings)TITLE: "THE AMAZING AND SPARKLING GIFT IN OUR COMMUNITY!"
- Rotarians and Vision Partners Focused on Gift of Sight
- Speaking at Rotary... Penn State neuroscientist: More study needed on concussions in sports
- Funding Available through YCDT
- Youth exchange student prepares traditional Japanese dinner
- Rotarians Support 3rd Annual Project Homeless Connect in Harrisburg