Meets Noon Mondays at the Hilton
June 25, 2012
Presentation: CHANGING OF THE GUARD – Janice Black
Greeter: Harry Derrick
GUIDE TO DOWNTOWN PARKING 2012
6/25 – Changing of the Guard
7/2 NO MEETING July 4th holiday
7/9 Derek Hathaway, former president and CEO of the HARSCO Corporation
For complete programming go to our website: www.hbgrotary.org
PROGRAM: Today's Program is the annual CHANGING OF THE GUARD, a celebration of committee projects and programs which have occurred during the 2011-12 Rotary year to benefit the local and world communities. Come hear all about it, reminisce as President Bob walks us down Memory Lane...365 days seem so long and yet is so short and say THANK YOU to President Bob for his leadership during the year. Then we'll induct the new officers and hear about the plans for the 2012-13 Rotary year from President UnaMartone.
OFFICERS and BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President Una Martone
Vice President Karen F. Snider
Imm. Past President Robert S. Saline
Secretary John P. Judson, MD
Treasurer William B. Boles
Sergeant-as-Arms Richard Utley
Robin Scaer, Robert D. Hanson Rotary Excellence Award
Just a reminder: You may make tax-deductible gifts to HRF in honor or in memory of loved ones. The recipient will receive notice and you as the donor a thank you.
• JUL-SEP Dues invoices will be sent out soon with the $100 HRF contribution invoice. Please remit ASAP.
• Condolences to John Lane and his family on the loss of his mother.
* The Rotary Club mourns the loss of past Rotarian Don Clapper who was also our piano player for many years and “Mr. Rotary” Ralph (Buzz) Coho, who joined the Lancaster Rotary Club in 1934 andheld many District positions.
LAST ROTARY MEETING: 6/11/12 Minutes by Steve Baloga
Steve Feinour was plenty busy introducing our guests, conducting Good News Reporting and introducing Anti Nool, our current in-bound exchange student.
Decked out in his silver tuxedo, Anti gave an interesting summary of his year in the US as a Rotary exchange student. He explained that his home country of Estonia is a small country with 1.3 million people. With the aid of a slide presentation Anti showed some of the high-lights of his year – attending Cumberland Valley High School; attending various sporting events and parties; visiting Washington, DC, Baltimore, Hersheypark, etc.; interacting with other Rotary Exchange students; and living with his host families. He thanked his mentors, host families, the committee members and our Rotary Club for making his stay a memorable one. He presented the Club with a flag from his home Rotary club in Estonia.
Una Martone presented 4 new members with their badges and again introduced them to the club: Corporate Members Michael Young and Jeff Zufelt, Marquita Jones and John Sygielski “Ski”.
Bob Hostetter introduced our speaker Bishop Dr. A.E. Sullivan, Jr. Bishop Sullivan touched on a number of topics, but he stressed two main points – he encouraged us to be civil to each other even if we disagree. Civility in politics and on major issues of the day seems to be a lost art. He stated that he spends a lot of his time working with different groups to promote understanding. He also noted that using the Bible out of context is harmful. He alluded to a recent billboard in Harrisburg that invoked the Bible and slavery as an example. The problem is not the Bible; it is its use in an inappropriate manner that creates the problem.
Robert S. Saline
Jeffrey R. Boswell
- Rotary Roundup for June 17, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for June 10, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for June 3, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for May 20, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for May 6, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for April 29, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for April 22,2013
- Rotary Roundup for March 25, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for March 18, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for March 11, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for March 4, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for February 25, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for February 11, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for February 4, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for January 28, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for January 14, 2013
- Rotary Roundup for January 7, 2012
- Rotary Roundup for December 17, 2012
- Rotary Roundup for December 10, 2012
- Rotary Roundup for December 12, 2012
Calendar of Events
- Nao Matushita, Youth Exchange Student and President Una Martone's Year in Review
June 24 (12:00 - noon)
- NO MEETING
July 01 (12:00 - noon)
- Rotary Board Meetng at Hilton
July 08 (10:30 am)
- Changing of the Guard
July 08 (12:00 - noon)
(Weekly Meetings)We thank our 2012-13 Rotary Team and induct our 2013-14 Rotary team.
- Barry Schoch
July 15 (12:00 - noon)
(Weekly Meetings)"THE ROAD MORE TRAVELLED: Pennsylvania's Transportation Crisis, Will Anything be Done"? SPEAKER: BARRY SCHOCH PA....